Last time we tackled on an Ascendancy Class of Marauder, the Berserker. Now let’s take a look on another Ascendancy Class of Marauder, the Chieftain.
Path of Exile Items: Overview
Gamepedia provides a brief description on what a Chieftain is:
“The Chieftain focuses on dealing fire damage. He can do that either by himself or through his totems which benefit from the defensive nodes in this tree.”
Chieftain basically is your typical “turret” class but instead of turrets, chieftain casts totems that help you in your fights.
Let us see what passive skills help Chieftains own the world of Path of Exile
Path of Exile Items: Passive Items
|Tawhoa, Forest’s Strength||· 40% increased Armour
· +10% to all Elemental Resistances
· 10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
· 10% increased Strength
|Ngamahu, Flame’s Advance||· 15% chance to Ignite
· 35% increased Damage against Burning Enemies
|Hinekora, Death’s Fury||· 1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life
· Damage Penetrates 10% Fire Resistance
· Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you’ve Killed Recently
|Ramako, Sun’s Light||· 0.5% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
· Cannot be Ignited
· When you or your Totems Kill a Burning Enemy, 10% chance of you and your Totems to each gain an Endurance Charge
|Arohongui, Moon’s Presence||· Enemies near your Totems deal 8% reduced Damage
· Enemies near your Totems take 16% increase Physical and Fire Damage
|Tukohama, War’s Herald||· Totems are Immune to Fire Damage
· Totems have 50% of your Armour
· Skills used by Totems have a 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
· Totems deal 8% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit
Basically, the more powerful your Chieftain is, the more powerful your totems are. These passive skills make it really sensible to cast at least a totem every time. Once you do, you are a fortress that enemy cannot penetrate.
Chieftain is a strong class and better try it for major fun!