This update doesn’t just add new content for POE Items hunting- it contains some significant technical improvements. We’ve overhauled how Path of Exile manages its memory and have replaced its sound system.
Game assets are now loaded in the background as you play, making loading screens faster. You can now load to the login screen in less than a second on an SSD hard drive (two seconds on a non-SSD). Path of Exile 2.3.0 also uses far less memory than before, eliminating all out-of-memory crashes (which were most frequent on 32-bit systems).
They’ve replaced Path of Exile’s audio system. This not only improves audio performance but gives our audio engineers powerful tools to make Path of Exile sound better than ever.
New Stuff for POE Items Hunters
Grinding Gears have unleashed the Prophecy update for Path of Exile. By 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern, players will be able to log in and check out the Standard and Hardcore versions of the Prophecy Challenge League along with the new skills, items and challenges it brings to the game.
- New Items: Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile supporters, three new types of Unique Strongboxes, and a new end-game map base type: the Plaza Map.
- Expanded Skills: Five new skills have been added including Spirit Offering, Ancestral Warchief, Fury, Frostbolt, and Vortex – a new area spell that explodes in a burst of cold around the caster, creating an icy vortex.
- Challenges and Rewards: The Prophecy leagues include a set of 40 new challenges. In addition to the generous rewards earned by fulfilling Prophecies, Players earn exclusive microtransactions as challenges are completed.
- The Endgame Labyrinth: The rumors are true – there is a fourth Labyrinth! High-level players must complete difficult map versions of the Trials of Ascendancy to gain access to the Endgame Labyrinth.Completing this version of the Labyrinth will grant players additional Ascendancy class points, allowing them access to more complex character builds.
- Technical Improvements: The game’s memory management system has been overhauled and its sound system replaced. There are also gameplay balance adjustments to some skills and items.
The Prophecy Chains for Path of Exile Items
Some Prophecies unfold as multiple parts, forming a Prophecy Chain. Completing one stage of these Prophecies unlocks the ability to later acquire the next stage. Each of these Prophecy Chains culminates in a valuable reward, or a component that will allow you to face the Pale Council. Many of these rewards are unique items new to Prophecy or from past challenge leagues.
- Fated Unique Items – Many of Path of Exile’s unique items tell a story. Some of those stories are unfinished. Certain Prophecies will guide you to wield one of these items as you complete its destiny. The item will be permanently imbued with new power and a new name.
Get a chance to play the upcoming Prophecy League and get your Path of Exile Items.